Joyce R Dep

| map-marker Rolling Meadows, Illinois

Disappointed in scheduling and customer service

I have used Maid Brigade for about 4 months and then we went to Florida for the winter. I was very satisfied with the service.

I restarted the service when we returned. The first week I was given a time on Monday per the contract and then on Tuesday the time was changed. So I thought okay something happened no big deal.

Second week, same thing happened. This week, today, the new time was not acceptable because my husband was working and that meant he had to leave work an hour earlier to accommodate your schedule.

I texted yesterday, but the office was closed so I left a voice message. Tammy returned my call today and said that times are never guaranteed. As their clients needs change and sickness and COVID happen they need to adjust the schedule. You are a service industry and have nothing but time to sell, but apparently your needs are more important than mine.

You must have so may clients that losing a few will not affect your bottom line. I need a service that stands by the times that are given on Monday so I can plan my life also.

Pros:
  • Decent cleaning
Cons:
  • Unreliable scheduling
  • Office staff could use some customer training

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: If you don't care about scheduling they may work for you

Therese S Xhn

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Clinton Township, Michigan

Complaint of breech of contract-Please respond lawsuit impending

Maid Brigade - Complaint of breech of contract-Please respond lawsuit impending
Maid Brigade - Complaint of breech of contract-Please respond lawsuit impending - Image 2
Please respond-I have contacted an attorney about my matter and filed a complaint with Michigan's Department of Labor regarding your office in Clinton Township Michigan office. I have contacted your corporated office 3 times and no response. Now I have contacted a Labor Law attorney. I signed a contract with Elizabeth Whitely, Owner of the Clinton Township branch for a "Guaranteed Minmum of $500 a week and my paycheck was for $10.00/hour. My most recent pay check was for $2.39 and hour I have all the documentation to support my claim. I want my wages that I am owed. Please contact me : 586-804-**** Terri Swinburnson

Ramona A

| map-marker Irvine, California

Broke my oven door

Broke oven door didn't say anything to us. Tipped $40. Run around with MB that is like Grounds Hog Day. End result costing me $220 to repair door.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Dishonest employees

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do not take any chance!

map-marker Westwood, New Jersey

Don't use them!!!

We have given them many chances and we are through with them! My 3 year old grandson could do a better job. They only surface clean. They don't move things or get behind things. Nothing looks, feels or smells clean when they're done. I could go on & on. Do not use this company. They are horrible.
Helen M Nxb
map-marker Vernon, Illinois

Horrible Service

Never use this company. They ripped the door leading from the garage into our home, left it that way, did not inform us, would not respond to emails and texts and won't take responsibility. DO NOT RECOMMEND.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Horrible customer service and accountability

DEBRA B Kjm

Terrible company

I had 2 gals come today 8/21/18 who were thorough and got to work no phone gabbing as other team , Sorry to say I did fire the company and will not ever recommend to anyone, the first time I paid for a deep cleaning these gals asked why certain things were never done and I asked the same. The owner Annie treated me horribly claiming they were here the last time longer than they were, I am not paying for phone gab.

Today was 1 room which I am quite satisfied with. Annie the owner claimed $90.00 they called her she took a check for 116.98 I have called the state better business bureaue and the feds way off on tax she is scamming and doing half *** work most of the time.

Today was super but I am sorry not dealing with this owner who says one thing and does another and she had already been told about the last times and did nothing. RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN

Dayson Lra

Progressively getting worse

I hired maid brigade several months ago and they did an OK job. Recently I had a different team come out. These ladies spent 45 min on a job that usually takes 90 min. They basically wiped down counters, vacuumed and glossed over the bathrooms. I see dirt along the edges of the bathroom. There is dirt on the baseboards. They just aren’t doing the good job they normally do. I hired for deep cleaning. I’m really disappointed.
Pam T Ogv

Paid $120.00 for 20 minutes of "work"

Maid Brigade came to my house on Monday, June 18, 2018. The ladies were very nice. However, my care giver told me that they were at my house and did their weekly cleaning in 20 minutes. The sheets were changed, but they could not have mopped the kitchen and hallways. Maid Brigade was being paid to clean a bathroom, a bedroom, a kitchen and mopping the hallway floors and the kitchen floor. I couldn't tell if they did anything except change the sheets.. So, if you don't mind paying $120.00 for 20 minutes of work. This is the cleaning service to use. I fired them as their cleaning was not worth $120.00.

Very Bad Experience

I had a very bad experience with this company. I would not recommend them. In fact, even if they were the last cleaning company on earth...I wouldn’t choose them!
Karen B Ove

Guarantee is absolutely fake

All we wanted cleaned was our 3 bathrooms. They were still filthy when they left. I called the next morning and they said oh well. They had tried to wipe down surfaces. They did not offer to come back and reclean. Horrible!!
Not as described/ advertised

Incomplete dusting, missing bathroom item

March 8'th cleaning service of our home. Team leader is excellent but the lady assigned our bed and bathroom did not satisfactory accomplish her duty: The top of the cherry colored chest of drawers top dusting was incomplete leaving dust around only three items. Bathroom waste bin was emptied but the replacement bag was not inserted only laid on top. One item is missing from the bathroom. Floor boards dirtied by vacuum cords dragged across corners. Top of FB's not dusted. Isn't this enough? {{Redacted}}
map-marker Warrenton, Virginia

TERRIBLE

I moved into my new home and wanted a good clean. We spoke on the phone and covered in clear detail everything I wanted done.

Well they came here cleaned for 3 hours and after I confronted them about not completing the job or let alone even cleaning at all I was told that their manager told them to only do certain that things and that I take it up with him. I spoke to the manager about my complaints, told him my house was hardly cleaned and they didn't touch the most important part of my house that I wanted clean.

Well he was extremely rude and unprofessional, cursed me out and hung up on me. Horrible business, horrible experience and $300 down the drain.

Do not use Maid Brigade!

I met with a manager prior to the work being performed to show them the vacant apartment that needed cleaning. We went over the work in detail. I was very specific. I also left a reminder list on the counter. When I stopped in to check at noon and saw they hadn't done the items on the list they assured me they were going to (such as remove the dead bugs form light fixture globes). Not only were the reminded items never done the basic cleaning was not done. The tenant was moving in the next day! I called the manager in the morning so she could see for herself I was not exaggerating. She came and apologized profusely stating she was embarrassed & offered to help me clean. She did a minimal amount for about an hour, I then spent 7 hours cleaning while my new tenants' movers were bringing in his belongings. They only deducted $50 of the $380 bill. What a shame, I manage over 130 apartments - they lost out on a lot of work!
Loss:
Cons:
  • Horrible performance and no accountability from owner

Maid Brigade

The ladies were usually very nice. When my husband called Brian to complain about the service one time the problems began. Brian came along with the maids, and said our house was dirty and difficult to clean. My husband's cell phone was missing after the cleaning. He called Brian about it and the conversation escalated with Brian saying he was going to come over and kick my husband's ***. This is a verbal threat which wull be reported.
Deionte Fij

Wow, can believe that. but if really happen that just does help the cleaning industry and put a bad name on all of us.

Trust me at Cleaning Bees we treat our clients concern with respect . Google us we may be able to help you with what the other companies haven't.

Jerzi Sdb
map-marker Rolling Meadows, Illinois

Horrendous experiences from cleaning crew to customer service

This is my first try on cleaning service after talked to a few people and companies. It turned your service is horrendous.

It did not bring any relaxation but caused me additional psychological stress. When the crew first started to clean, I was walking down stair and noticed that one of the cleaning crew, only wipe down the top of end tables . The first bad thing that got my attention was that she dust our Chandelier in the foyer and the dust flew everywhere. The dust land on our coats.

When I asked her why she didn't move the coats first, she did not answer me. After seeing her so careless about our stuff, I started to pay attention to what she was doing, I noticed that she used only one bucket of water for the 3 rooms on the floor, she only changed water when I asked her to. It is where I can see her so I can just image what she did on the 2nd floor where I could not see. She changed it once after I asked.

Then I went up stair and touched my kids' end table, I noticed that they were still dusty on the back end. She was doing half *** job!! Then I called the customer service. They told me that the field supervisor would come in 30 minutes.

while I waited , I saw the same lady cleaning the top of our fridge and the spray that she used, it went everywhere including our cooking ware that were on top of stove at that time. I moved it and called again to request to remove this crew because she doesn't care about our safety, I don't need her be here. The customer service told me that she will ask the supervisor to come immediately, I waited. Another 40 minutes.

After she arrived, I noticed the cleaning crew only cleaned when the supervisor was watching. They re-cleaned the area that they were suppose to do it and they clean only one side of our front door. They did not do it until I requested. The laundry room floor was still dirty when they said they were done.

It took an extra hour to do what they were suppose to do. I cannot believe this is deep cleaning!! I asked the supervisor to see the floor, she saw it then she told one of the crew to clean it. The field supervisor did not have the best interest for customer in mind because she keeps asking me if I was following with a no no attitude.

I said no I was trying to get out of their way. After overnight, I realized that she was wrong with her attitude because what if I was following them? it is my house and i hired them to clean my house, why couldn't i follow them? Today, I was painting our bathrooms and realized that the cleaning crew did not clean the floor behind the toilets.

They were full of old urine stain. I wipe a little and verified that they were stain, not the color of tile. I took a few pictures so I have proof because yesterday, when I touched my kid's end table, I wiped the dust off so the supervisor said they were clean and wonder why I said they weren't. I emailed and called, no one wanted to address this issue and they keep pushing to others.

They do not honor anything they said when they first sold their service.

I am deeply disappointed because you were highly recommended and I got the half clean house and stress from dealing with this. This supervisor told me that those two where her best crew, please tell me how bad your rest of crew are if one of your best crew did such a horrendous job.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

Terrible Customer Service

My initial cleaning was scheduled for an arrival time between 8:30-9am. I was told I would let the staff in and could then leave for work and return when work was completed. When it was 9:15 and nobody had arrived or called, I contacted the office (Kim) to learn she was unaware of what was going on and assumed the cleaning staff would've arrived by then. I informed Kim that at this point I needed to leave for work. She asked if she could call them and find out what was going on. She contacted me back and said it would be yet another 10 minutes or so and that "they’re hurrying" - now the ETA is approximately 9:30 (no guarantees) - an hour later than originally confirmed. Unfortunately I had scheduled work around their original time confirmed and couldn't adjust for a new arrival time. It was lost on Kim that a simple phone call advising a brand new client that you'll be an hour late is good customer service, and that client shouldn't be penalized for not accommodating Kim's staff when the scheduling issue was created by them. Had I received any type of apology or understanding that I couldn't adjust on the fly, I might've considered rescheduling for another day. But Kim's response was to charge me a $50 cancellation fee. It's laughable and shameful. I would never recommend Maid Brigade due to this.
Poor customer service

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article